Loading Events
  • This event has passed.

From Engineer to Manager Mastering the Transition (Part II)

August 20, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Event Category:

Claudio Insaurralde, Chair of IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Chapter

Have you ever thought that combining the technical knowledge plus the ability to express ideas, to assume leadership, and to arouse enthusiasm among people, would give you a higher earning power?

About 15% of engineering and technical line’s financial success is due to one’s technical knowledge. The other 85% is due to soft skills in human engineering, personality and the ability to lead people. For this reason, IEEE Young Professional (YP) affinity group, IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Chapter (TEMC) and University of Melbourne Student Branch organised two workshops aiming to develop leadership and management skills for young Engineers. Certificates of completion will be provided after successful completion of the two workshops.

Claudio Insaurralde – Claudio is the chair of IEEE Victorian Section’s Technology and Engineering Management Chapter and a Member of the IEEE Region 10 Industry Relations Committee for Asia and Pacific. He has over 10 years’ experience in maintenance and reliability engineering, management and project management. He worked in the defence aviation sector as Maintenance and Engineering Manager for United Nations and the Argentinian Air Force. Then, he moved to the manufacturing industry, working at Volkswagen group as Senior Reliability Engineer responsible for the design of the overall preventive maintenance strategy for the new stand-alone assembly plant producing the VW Amarok. Throughout his career, Claudio has led large teams of more than 80 technicians, successfully carried out many improvement projects and managed complex operations in high pressure environments. He graduated from the Argentinian Air Force Officers Academy with honours in 1998 and holds a Bachelor degree in Electronics Engineering, a Certification in Project Management and a postgraduate program in management.

Date : Workshop2 on Thursday 20th August
Time : 5:30pm refreshments for 6pm start, until 8pm
Venue : Room 10.05 Doug McDonell Building on Building 168, University of Melbourne, Campus Map Reference J 19
RSVP: http://bit.ly/1BNKywS
Any Question: Please contact ieeevicgold@gmail.com


Melbourne University

Room 10.05 Doug McDonell Building on  Building 168
Melbourne, Australia