Communications Society Chapter Information
Welcome to the Victorian Chapter of the IEEE Communications Society. The society is a diverse community of industry and academic professionals with a common interest in advancing communications technologies. Through publications, conferences, educational programs, local activities, and technical committees, the Society aims to:
- Foster original work in all aspects of communications science, engineering, and technology
- Encourage the development of applications that use signals to transfer voice, data, image, and/or video information between locations
- Promote the theory and use of systems involving all types of terminals, computers, and information processors; all pertinent systems and operations that facilitate transfer; all transmission media; switched and unswitched networks; and network layouts, protocols, architectures, and implementations.
- Strongly advance developments toward meeting new market demands in systems, products, and technologies such as personal communications services, multimedia communications systems, enterprise networks, and optical communications systems.
- Chair: Dr. Golnar Khomami
- Vice Chair: Fithriyah Shalihah
- Treasurer: Dr. Paul Fitzpatrick
- Secretary: Dr. Sathya Chandrasekharan
- Committee Members:
- Prof. Leith Campbell
- Dr. Jiong Jin
For more information please visit: victorian.chapters.comsoc.org